Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving and Beyond

This blog post is dedicated to Becca the faithful follower...


Well although it is now Wednesday December 2nd (goodness - december already?) and I am sure there are many wonderful things I should blog about this glorious day - I am going to backtrack a little bit.


Thanksgiving was a wonderful time of food and friends. We spent the evening at our friend's Justin and Jessica's apartment where we had a delicious meal, interesting conversation and played a great game of Quiddler. Justin is currently a first year at the Seminary with Matthew and Jessica teaches at a Montessori school in St. Louis.


The next morning Jess and I hit the stores! Well that is at 8:30 in the morning with coffee in our hand (chai for me). Our first stop Target was surprisingly not busy, well not as busy as we expected. We picked up a few items (ha! like I would disclose the presents we bought online) then headed to Walmart a little ways down the road. Walmart was a step up on the ladder of busyness but nothing we couldn't handle. We then returned back to Target and picked something else we had had our eyes on and got in the car.


The real shopping started after leaving Target for the second time. We drove to the mall in West County (fact about St. Louis - because there are 'minimalls' just about everywhere there isn't one central place to go shopping that has everything) where we found all of West County waiting for a parking space - we waited the traditional black friday amount for a parking spot (about 20 minutes) and crammed ourselves into the black hole of people. After smelling every Yankee Candle, going completely through Macy's about three times, and calming down a woman who was about to explode if they didn't honor the sale prices we decided it was time to take a hike. We stopped at Noodles and co., had a nice lunch and finished the day at 3pm with a quick peek at Michaels and Kohls. Needless to say I was worn out, once I got home I zonked out (actual definition: 1. stupified by or as if by alcohol or drugs, 2. exhausted or asleep --- I will take the latter) for about two hours.


Friday Matthew and I had a relaxing day - we went to Soulard's Market - met Jess and Justin there and continued on to do nothing! The weekend and pretty much up until now we have been recovering from break.


Matthew started classes on Monday a great relief to him (not that I am so mean) to have some structure back in his life. He is only taking 12 credits this semester which is lighter than last semester and still less homework than his final semester at Concordia. His favorite class is with Dr. Burreson currently learning about different styles of worship.


My job is going splendidly so far. I am moving offices hopefully next week - which means this week I get to paint it! I am hoping for a light blue - but we will see.


We are really looking forward to coming home for Christmas only a few more short weeks and we will be home!
This is an old photo - the first time Matthew and I did something together - with Courtney of course!

Much Love -and congratulations to Courtney and Kirk-

No comments:

Post a Comment