Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The First of Autumn


Fall in St. Louis is a strange thing...


Blue skies, no clouds, 70 degrees - this is what I would most associate with August - not the first week of November! Where is the rain? It should be getting a little colder now shouldn't it? Well the first of November brought a friends wedding, brothers' birthday, beautiful weather and my first week of work as a CED (Christian Education Director) I really have nothing to complain about.


Matthew and I recently bought the third season of Bones the TV series and watched the entire season last weekend - whew! maybe that wasn't such a good idea - but we have never really been good at pacing ourselves.


I attended my first Sunday at St. Mark's ELCA (where I am the new CED) last Sunday and it was wonderful. The people at the church were warm and friendly and we attended a choir concert that night which was quite nice. It looks like I will be fitting in quite nicely there. :)



Last weekend we also bought plane tickets back home. What we found out was that in the future it would be much better to buy a little farther in advance. The scene was a nightmare as fares were going up literally by the minute and trying to make things cheaper by switching airports and flights just ending up making things more complicated. However Matthew will fly back to our beautiful home in the PNW on Monday December 21st and I will fly in on Thursday December 24th - we will be heading back to St. Louis on New Years Eve - actually our flight takes off at 12:35 that night - who knows maybe they will give us free dessert on the airplane - we can always hope.


Matthew's finals week is next week and then he gets a two week vacation - although there are always a number of tasks that need to get done along with some hours need to be put in for an 'institutional module'. So we will see if Matthew is capable of actually taking a break - my guess is no.


That's it for tonight I think - God's blessings and prayers over you.

Love Halle

No comments:

Post a Comment