Saturday, March 6, 2010

A little update now and then...

The week of February 22nd ended up being absolutely wonderful. Tuesday we flew from Stl to Pdx to come up for a friend's wedding. We spent seven great days seeing old friends, preparing a bride, and visiting family members. There were many fun stories and highlights from that week including (but not limited to) seeing the improved health of a favorite Eggert, seeing the liver girls, the dinner at red robin where two times our party elbowed the waiter in the crotch accidentally, making bachelorette plans, singing in the lobby of the church for two hours, discussions in hotel rooms, a surprise of me meeting the rest of the party of Starbucks, a BEAUTIFUL wedding and seeing my expecting sister-inlaw (Davis side). It was wonderful, beautiful and insightful.

This week has been a week of readjustment, grieving, and growing. I spoke with a dear friend Serena last night and she reminded me of something I had seemingly forgotten sometimes we need to go back to the basics. The basics meaning get out your Bible, turn to a devotional and start praying. I put a quick tab on my internet explorer for a Charles Spurgeon devotional (www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/morningandevening). If you like old language, deep thoughts, and new insights into small passages then check him out.

Sometimes being a DCE at a church has its struggles, one I have found is doing the work without the director of the author. Sometimes it seems as though I just work. Nothing will inspire me it has simply become another day to finish. Thank you Serena for reminding me of the hope that I have within me. That this jewel of love still exists with me. I love you.
Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment